Step 2: Inspection and Water Damage Assessment
Our Water Damage Restoration Process
The Second Step: Water Removal
Once SERVPRO of South Atlanta has arrived at your property, the first step is to remove the water as quickly as possible. This is important to prevent secondary water damage and mold growth. Our team will use powerful pumps and vacuums to remove the water from your home or business. We will also use specialized equipment to remove water from hard-to-reach areas, such as under carpets and behind walls.
- The Importance of Speed - The sooner the water is removed, the less damage it will cause. Water can seep into walls, floors, and furniture, and cause mold and mildew to grow. Mold can be a serious health hazard, so it is important to remove the water as quickly as possible.
- Our Equipment - SERVPRO of South Atlanta has the latest equipment to remove water from your property quickly and efficiently. We use powerful pumps and vacuums to remove water from both large and small areas. We also use specialized equipment to remove water from hard-to-reach areas.
- Our Expertise - Our team of experienced professionals has the expertise to remove water from your property without causing further damage. We know how to safely remove water from all types of materials, and we will work carefully to avoid damaging your belongings.
Identify and Stop the Water Source
We will check for the source of moisture in your home or business. The source must be stopped before any restoration or drying of the building can be successful.
- Stop the Source
- Check for Contaminated Water
Identify the Type of Water
We will identify the category and classification of water damage to ensure our professionals restore your property based on industry guidelines. The level of contamination of the water will affect the specific restoration processes we use.
- Category 1: "Clean Water"
- Category 2: "Gray Water"
- Category 3: "Black Water"
Survey the Extent of the Water Damage and Inspect the Premises
We inspect and test to determine the extent of damage and how far the moisture has traveled to ensure proper and complete restoration. In addition, we will inspect for safety concerns that may be evident. If there are any safety issues like lead or asbestos, please bring them to our attention.
- Survey Damage
- Complete Safety Inspection
Move or Block Furniture
We move furniture and property contents and block items to help prevent rust or furniture stains on wet carpet.
- Block Furniture