Step 6: Restoration
The final step in the water restoration process is restoration. This is the process of returning your home or business to its pre-water damage condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall and installing new carpet, or may entail major repairs, such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
Why Restoration is Important
Restoration is important for several reasons. First, it can help to protect your health and safety. Water damage can lead to the growth of mold and mildew, which can cause respiratory problems and other health issues. Restoration can help to remove mold and mildew and prevent them from growing back.
Second, restoration can help to protect your property value. Water damage can decrease the value of your home or business. Restoration can help to mitigate these losses and restore your property to its pre-water damage value.
How We Restore Your Property
Our restoration process typically involves the following steps:
- We will assess the damage and develop a restoration plan.
- We will remove any damaged materials and debris.
- We will clean and sanitize the affected areas.
- We will repair or replace any damaged materials.
- We will repaint or wallpaper the affected areas.
- We will clean and deodorize the entire property.
- We will make sure that your property is safe and secure before we leave.
Emergency Building Services
When your home has been damaged by a storm or water, the immediate concern may include temporary protective measures to prevent additional damages, like placing a roof tarp. Learn more about our building services.
- Roof Tarp
- Temporary Fencing
- Move-Out / Pack-Out
- Temporary Warehouse Space
Repairs and Minor Building Services
The following building and repair services may be necessary to restore your home to pre-water damage condition.
- Drywall Removal and Installation
- Hardwood Floor Repair
- Tile Floor Repair
- Carpet Repair and Installation
Building Services and Reconstruction
SERVPRO of South Atlanta can simplify the restoration process by handling both the initial water damage mitigation and rebuilding the affected areas. Having one qualified company for the entire process can save time and keep costs low. We can provide this continuity by supervising a full range of restoration services that will bring a building back to full functionality.
- Reconstruction and Building Services